Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What do Meg and Paige think?

This week I chose to comment on Paige Weiners and Meghan Parmentier’s blogs. Paige’s blog focuses on public relations fashion. Her blog this week focused on the results of research in fashion. Her blog was very well written and made me see that there is a lot of hard work that goes into marketing clothing. I found it interesting that she included tips on what is too much information to give the general public. It is important, as Paige pointed out to know your audience not only when you are seeking research but also when you are presenting results.  I also enjoyed how Paige used the example of Tory Burch’s new rain boots to demonstrate that not all results are relevant to a consumer. Meghan’s blog focuses on food and public relations. This week specifically she spoke about research results and what occurs when these results are inaccurate. It was interesting to learn that by publishing inaccurate results it can affect the population as a whole. When information is misleading or completely false it can cause the public to worry as Meghan pointed out. It is very important then to make sure results are accurate so they do not cause harm to people. Meghan’s blog then made me think about where I retrieve my information from. I am know going to make sure all my information comes from reputable sources and am going to double check that information against other sources. Overall both blogs were interesting to read and made me reconsider the positives and negatives of research results.

No comments:

Post a Comment