Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Comments on Classmates Blogs


This week I chose to comment on Katie Warner’s blog. Her blog focus is non-profit public relations. This is also my blog focus and I thought it would be interesting to compare. Katie’s blog focused on how non-profits do not use social media as much as other for profit companies do. This is a major disadvantage because they are missing out on an array of new potential donors who use social media. Social media is very prevalent in today’s society and it is important that non-profits jump on the bandwagon in order to ensure that they are reaching a wide range of potential donors. I did not realize this when I was doing my blog on non-profits and thus it was interesting to learn.

I also chose to comment on Alexis’s blog on fashion public relations. Her blog focused on the importance of surveys in determining the newest fashion trends. In fashion surveys they tend to use words such as love and hate. This is acceptable because the designers want to know if people love a design so much that they would buy it. In most surveys however researchers are taught to stay away from strong words such as love and hate.

I found it interesting that survey research is literally used in every aspect of public relations. Whether it is using a survey in non-profits or surveying people about the latest fashion trends. Surveys are very helpful because they can reach a large demographic of people and the results are easy to analyze and can usually be projected onto the larger population.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment